[fusion_text]Image Source: Bigstockphoto
Before you make decisions based on your gut instincts,take a look of some of the questions I like to ask and what answers I should be hearing.
Questions for Entry Level Inside Sales Reps with 1-2 years of selling experience
Initiative – Have they started a company, club, or organization?
- Is there a pattern of stepping in to offer solutions where need is going unmet?
- Is there a history of competing at a highly competitive level? (organized sports)
- Do they have basic inside sales experience (aka worked at Enterprise Rent a Car)?
Drive - Can they sell themselves?
Ask them to present themselves.
- Is there a concise beginning middle and end?
- Confidence/Quick thinking - Can they sell me our company?
- From what they understand, can they think on their feet well enough to make a pitch?
- If interrupted how do they react?
- Have them sell you something during the interview.
- Ask them what they thought they did well and what they could improve.
- Then ask them to do it again.
- Defensiveness tells you they can’t be coached.
- How much “unlearning” will have to take place ?
Expectations – Can they sustain sales activities when there is no perceived positive outcome?
- Are they wired for activity rather than analysis?
- Is the default state to take action?