What’s keeping you or your sales team from having your best B2B sales quarter and year ever? It all comes down to motivation. If your salespeople aren’t motivated, they’re not going to pick up the phone, which leads to conversations, sales, and revenue.
Note, they’re not going to get a “yes” on every phone call and sometimes on any call on a given day, unless your company sells something unique that every person on the planet needs (and if you are, you don’t need this blog, but you could probably use a new dialing solution to make even more calls…)
Yes, hearing “no” over and over can be disheartening and cause even the most seasoned salesperson to be less motivated to pick up the phone and make another sales call.
Everyone gets rejected. Everyone gets a no. Everyone has failed.
But here’s what you and your sales team need to remember: The ones who succeed have failed (sometimes in epic ways), but they take those failures and use them as prompts to keep going instead of hiding away from the world.
Need your own motivation to keep going with your B2B sales calls and getting to yes? Read on for 14 motivational sales quotes from sports legends, business people, philosophers, Jedi masters, and more.
- “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “It ain’t over ‘til it’s over.” – Yogi Berra
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.” – Thomas Edison
- “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me?” – Ayn Rand
- “I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
- “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.” – Zig Ziglar
Reach out to us here at ConnectLeader today to see how the right sales acceleration and engagement software can help your sales team stay motivated and get to “yes” with more conversations. Simply click here or give us a call at 800-955-5040.